WhatsApp is frequently rolling out new features and updates to popular features to improve user experience.
Currently, the messaging platform owned by Meta is testing a new interface for the Disappearing messages feature to improve the privacy of your text conversations.
Disappearing Messages is a feature which allows you to set texts to automatically vanish after a certain period of time.
READ MORE: WhatsApp to get a completely new type of message to help you choose which pub to go to
The feature, which lets you scrub away records of your old conversations on WhatsApp, is set to get even better and easier to use with a change that's being beta tested at the moment.
What update is being made to WhatsApp Disappearing messages?
The update to the Disappearing messages on WhatsApp will make it easier to set timers for existing conversations, as well as applying message timers to new chats.
The settings page reads: "For added privacy, new messages will disappear for everyone from the chat after the duration you select."
There is section called Set For Your Account, which lets you choose a default message time for all new chats that you create, as well as a section called Set For Your Current Chats. to set timers for conversations that already exist.
WhatsApp to get a completely new type of message to help you choose which pub to go to
When you turn on the timer for messages, chat participants will be able to see you turned it on.
For now there is no way to go back and mass-unsend all of the texts you've ever sent
This new interface for Disappearing messages hasn't been rolled out yet but is available on WhatsApp beta.
How to send WhatsApp disappearing messages?
Short Google, Meta, and Amazon techies spend fortune on leg-breaking 'height surgery'
To activate WhatsApp disappearing messages, follow these steps :
- Open your app on mobile and then go into Settings > Account > Privacy.
- Look for Disappearing Messages and then set the toggle to the On position. After this, choose a time period for messages to disappear – 24 hours, 7 days or 90 days.
When you do this, a message confirming that Disappearing Messages has been turned on will appear in your chat.
TikTok down in major worldwide outage and users forced to watch videos elsewhere
To enable the feature on an existing chat, you need to archive the chat and unarchive it first.
If you want to enable Disappearing Messages on specific chats, tap into the individual settings of a WhatsApp contact.
While this feature is useful, it's worth noting that Disappearing Messages will still be stored in the recipient's back-up and quoting a text to reply to them will also cause that text to remain in a chat, even if the original message has been deleted.
- Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom announced in shock Nintendo Direct launch
- China announces triple Moon mining mission to hunt for 'mysterious energy source'
- Mark Zuckerberg's top secret Metaverse headset discovered in hotel room
- Doctor uses car battery to 'perform vasectomy' on patient after power cut
- Man who memorised all of Google Maps can identify any country in the world with one image
Source: Read Full Article