A mum became violently unwell after her daughter's pet dog pooed in her mouth as she slept.
Amanda Gommo, 51, was taking an afternoon nap with chihuahua Belle when the unwell pooch had a violent diarrhoea explosion in her face.
The mum-of-three, who had been resting with her mouth open, was left needing hospital treatment after contracting a gastrointestinal infection in the messy incident.
READ MORE: 125 firefighters tackle massive warehouse blaze as residents told to shut windows
Amanda, from Bristol, said: "I suddenly felt something squirt in my mouth. I rushed to the bathroom and my son was in the shower, so before I washed it out I had time to take a quick snap!
"It was disgusting, and I was hurling violently for hours after – I just couldn't get the taste out of my mouth."
The sickly pup was taken to the vet by Amanda’s daughter and was diagnosed with a violent stomach bug and placed on antibiotics.
After displaying the same symptoms as her pup, Amanda rang 111 who sent an ambulance to her home.
Paramedics prescribed her painkillers for her stomach cramps and instructed her to drink lots of water to flush out any potential infection.
After their visit, her symptoms became progressively worse, and 48 hours later, Amanda's cramps had spread all over her body.
Amanda's mum called 999, and Amanda was taken by blue sirens to the Bristol Royal Infirmary and immediately hooked up to a drip.
She was diagnosed with a gastrointestinal infection, passed on from Belle’s faeces that entered her mouth days earlier.
Amanda, having lost liquids, needed to stay in hospital for three days.
"From the moment I got ill to when I was put on the drip, I couldn't eat a thing. The cramps got worse and worse until I could feel them all over my body – even in my legs," she said.
"They sent an ambulance the second time, and I was so dehydrated from being sick and having diarrhoea that my kidneys had shrivelled to half their size.
Amanda’s discharge note read “gastrointestinal infection caused by a dog defecating in my mouth” something the doctors had has claimed they were fortunate enough to not have witnessed before.
She said: “I've been drinking two Lucozades a day, plenty of tea and loads of water since it happened, and I'm happy to say both me and Belle are on the mend.”
Amanda said she had forgiven Belle and thankfully they both have made a full recovery.
She added: "I've forgiven Belle for her little accident and I still love her with all my heart, but I will definitely be more mindful of what position we sleep in in the future!"
Anger as Union Jack set on fire in protest during national day of mourning for the Queen
Russians protesting Ukraine war 'set fire to government offices with Molotov cocktails'
Wannabe arsonist sets themselves on fire while trying to torch house with kid inside
Daredevil pilot killed as plane engulfed in fireball inferno during air race live stream
Inferno engulfs huge skyscraper with terrified victims 'trapped inside'
Source: Read Full Article