Man, 20, hospitalised after suffering ‘freak injury’ while masturbating in bed

A 20-year-old man in Switzerland was hospitalised for days after he suffered from a 'freak injury' while masturbating.

The bloke, who remains unnamed, took himself to A&E after experiencing breathlessness and chest pain while performing the solo sex act in bed.

But by the time he made it to the hospital, his face was swollen and crunching noises were coming from his neck down to his arms.

According to the medical journal, Radiology Case Reports, he had suffered a rare lung injury usually caused by rigorous exercise or violent coughing and was required to spend three days and a night in the ICU at Cantonal Hospital in Winterthur.

The doctors diagnosed him with ‘spontaneous’ pneumomediastinum (SPM), which is when the air had escaped from his lung and became lodged in his ribcage.

However, his case saw the trapped air had spread around his body and even made its way up to his skull but in more extreme cases it cause a collapsed lung.

The 'unusual' case is believed to be the first to be caused by masturbation as doctors said: “Predisposing factors are a history of smoking, acute asthma and recreational drug use (especially cocaine and heroin).

  • Bloke gets 2kg dumbbell stuck up his bum and medics have to remove it with their hands

“Except for a history of mild, non-acute asthma, no inciting factors were noticed in our patient.

“There are only a few reports of SPM related to sexual activity and we could not find any cases associated with autoeroticism, which makes our case unusual.”

But the patient denied taking drugs or smoking and confirmed he wasn't participating in any strenuous exercise, or suffering a cough prior to the injury so the case was labelled ‘spontaneous’.

He was discharged on the fourth day.

To stay up to date with all the latest news, make sure you sign up to one of our newsletters here.

Last year, a 15-year-old boy got a knotted USB cable stuck after inserting it into his penis to 'measure' it.

The unidentified teenager, from London, ended up needing surgery after it got stuck inside him.

The boy made several attempts to remove it himself but this resulted in him urinating a large amount of blood, prompting his family to take him to A&E, doctors detailed in the journal Urology Case Reports.

Source: Read Full Article